For those who have melasma and are looking for a high PPD (UVA protection) sunscreen, I’ve compiled a list of excellent high PPD sunscreens (mainly European brand) that can protect against further darkening and aid in the fading of melasma legions.
I understand that a lot of these products contain chemical filters which for some can only worsen their melasma. So, I also added some excellent physical sunblocks in there with decent PPD ratings. I hope this list proves to be useful!
• Avene Very High Emulsion SPF 50+, PPD 20+
• La Roche Posay Uvidea XL, PPD 18
• La Roche Posay Anthelios Dermo-Pediatrics SPF 50, PPD 38
• La Roche Posay Anthelios XL Fluide Extreme SPF 50+, PPD 28 <-my personal favorite out of the bunch! I love this one. I use it in the summer when I know I’ll be out in the sun a lot.
• La Roche Posay XL SPF 50+ Fluid Ultra-Light, PPD 42
• Avene Hydrance Optimale UV Light SPF 20 with Tinosorb, PPD 12
• Bioderma Photoderm MAX Fluide SPF 50+, PPD 38
• Bioderma Photoderm MAX Tinted Cream SPF 50+, PPD 38